440 Davis Court #1602
San Francisco, CA 94111-2496
415 781 5700

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:24:15 -0800

03 00050 61 00010703

Mr. Mike Rouan
Operations Online Manager
Engineering and Broadcast Operations
Stanford Center for Professional Development
Stanford University
Palo Alto, CA Zip

Subject:   Communication Metrics


Here is a link to the letter we discussed explaining Communication Metrics. At the most basic level, it significantly improves alphabet technology, which is the core engine of civilization. The letter is delivered via email as a "web mail" instrument in "knowledge space." Let me know what you think, and feel free to forward to others for critical comment and application as a learning aid. As I mentioned, it was developed to support executive management. Since a key duty of leadership is continual learning, this capability should be useful in formal academics.

Seeing the record on the Internet only shows 25% of the application. Generating useful "intelligence" is the other 75%, but our first goal is to evaluate work product, i.e., to see if this environment satisfies objectives set by Doug and others for a practical knowledge repository that enables people to build and maintain shared meaning.




Rod Welch