February 25, 1999
MEMORANDUM FOR: DE
SUBJECT: Communication Metrics Procurement
- Meeting Blodgett and DDE on Feb 24, 1999
- Budget Analysis S&A, S&I, Feb 25, 1999
- District reports (Scope of Services) Mar 28, 1997 and Oct 7, 1997
- District Counsel report, Comm Metrics, Oct 22, 1998
- HQUSACE report on Comm Metrics, Jan 6, 1999
- CON OPS needs management support for projects and other operations. FY99
FY00 show S&A of approximately $3M, which exceeds our current strength.
Efforts are underway to increase staff, but the time table is uncertain,
and experience shows that implementing new OP plans over the next year
will drain internal resources.
is a management method to align our work with
requirements and ensure timely action. We used this in 1996 and it was
effective, ref c.
recommends it be used; and
it saved the government $200K, ref d. Implementation on the Internet
increases savings by reducing paper handling.
HQUSACE reported recently this improves CE management. ref e.
CON OPS budget for projects shows funding is available within prescribed
parameters, ref b. DDE reviewed this initiative on Jan 24, 1999, ref a.
- I recommend approval for CON OPS to contract for Communication