SOLITICATION, OFFER, PAGE OF PAGES AND AWARD (Construction, Alteration or Repair)
1. SOLICITATION NO. 2. TYPE OF SOLICITATION 3. DATE ISSUED DACW07-94-B-0016 x Sealed bid (IFB) 11/02/94 Negotiated (RFP) 4. CONTRACT NO. 5. REQUISITION/PURCHASE REQUEST NO. 6. PROJECT NO. SPNPED-4271-0118 DACW07-94-B-0016 7. ISSUED BY CODE 1 8. ADDRESS OFFER TO U.S. ARMY ENGR. DIST., SF COE U.S. ARMY ENGR. DIST., SF COE ATTN: CESPN-CT ATTN: CESPN-CT 211 MAIN ST., RM. 809 211 MAIN ST., RM. 809 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105-1905 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105-1905 9. FOR INFORMATION A. NAME B. TELEPHONE NO. CALL: Ofelia (Offel) R. Rosales C08 415 744 3304 SOLITICATION NOTE: In sealed bid solicitations "offer" and "offer" mean "bid" and "bidder".
10. THE GOVERNMENT REQUIRES PERFORMANCE OF THE WORK DESCRIBED IN THESE DOCUMENTS (Title, identifying no., date):
ESTIMATED COST RANGE OF PROJECT: Over $10,000,000.00 11. The Contractor shall begin performance within 3 calendar days and complete it within 840 calendar days after receiving
award x notice to proceed. This performance is x mandatory negotiable. (See Section 00800-1, #1.) 12A. THE CONTRACTOR MUST FURNISH ANY REQUIRED PERFORMANCE AND PAYMENT BONDS? (If "YES," indicate within how many calendar days after award in item 12b.)
x YES NO 12B. CALENDAR DAYS
003 13. ADDITIONAL SOLICITATION REQUIREMENTS:
must be publicly opened at that time. Sealed envelopes containing offers shall be marked to show the offeror's name and address, the solicitation number, and the date and time offers are due.
NSN 7540-01-155-3212 1442-101 STANDARD FORM 1442 (REV 4-85) Prescribed by GSA FAR (48 CFR)53.236-1(a)
Dutra Dredging Company 1000 Point San Pedro Road San Rafael, Ca. 94901 CODE FACILITY CODE
15. TELEPHONE NO. (Include area code)
415 258 6876 16. REMITTANCE ADDRESS (Include only if different than item 14.)
17. The offeror agrees to perform the work required at the prices specified below in strict accordance with the terms of this solicitation. If this offer is accepted by the Government in writing within 30 calendar days after the date offers are due. (Insert any number equal to or greater than the minimum requirement stated in item 13D. Failure to insert any number means the offeror accepts the minimum in item 13D.)
AMOUNTS $35,801,455.00 (Basic) & $5,827,300.00
(OPTION 1 SCHEDULE-ITEM 0012 ONLY) 18. The offeror agrees to furnish any required performance and payment bonds.
19. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF AMENDMENTS (The offeror acknowledges receipt of amendments to the solicitation - give number and date of each) AMENDMENT NO. 0001 0002
DATE 11/22/94 11/29/94 20A. NAME AND TITLE OF PERSON AUTHORIZED TO SIGN OFFER (Type or print)
Robert D. Johnston President 20B. SIGNATURE 20C. OFFER DATE
/s/Robert D. Johnston Dec. 13, 1994 AWARD (To be completed by Governemnt) 21. ITEMS ACCEPTED:
BASIC SCHEDULE: ITEMS 0001 THROUGH 0011 OPTION 1 SCHEDULE: ITEMS 0012 ONLY 22. AMOUNT
$41,628,755 (BASIC & OPT. 1) 23. ACCOUNTING AND APPROPRIATION DATA
96X3122 CG, CIV S96043 BR2111200C3DGR 284 CF 24. SUBMIT INVOICES TO ADDRESS SHOWN IN ITEM
(4 copies unless otherwise specified) #26, below 25. OTHER THAN FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION PURSUANT TO
10 U.S.C. 2304(C)( ) 41 U.S.C. 253(C)( ) 26. ADMINISTERED BY CODE
U.S. Army Engineer District, SF, COE ATTN: CESPN-CT-C 211 Main St., Rm. 809 San Francisco, CA 94105-1905 27. PAYMENT WILL BE MADE BY
U.S. Army Engineer District, Sacto., COE ATTN: CESPK-RM-FE 1325 "J" St. Sacramento, CA 95814-2922 CONTRACTING OFFICER WILL COMPELTE ITEM 28 OR 29 AS APPLICABLE ___ 28. NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT (Contractor is required to sign this document and return _______ number of copies to issuing office.) Contractor agrees to furnish and deliver all itmes or perform all work, requisitions, identified on this form and any continuation sheets for the consideration stated in this contract. The rights and obligations of the parties to this contract shall be governed by (a) this contract award, (b) this solicitation, and (c) the clauses, representations, certifications, and specifications incorporated by reference in or attached to this contract. x 29. AWARD (Contractor is not required to sign this document.) Your ---- offer on this solicitation is hereby accepted as to the items listed. This award consumates the contract which consists of (a) the Government solicitation and your offer, and (b) this contract award. No further contractual document is necessary. 30A. NAME AND TITLE OF CONTRACTOR OR PERSON AUTHORIZED TO SIGN (Type or print)
30B. SIGNATURE 30C. DATE
31A. NAME OF CONTRACTING OFFICER (type or print)
Shirley A. Turnbo 31B. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 31C. AWARD DATE
BY /s/ Shirley A. Turnbo 94/12/16
STANDARD FORM 1442 BACK (REV. 4-85) 00010-2
BASIC SCHEDULE (ITEMS 0001-0011) 0001 Mobilization & Demobitization (Items 1 JB L.S. $11,721,755.00 0002 thru 0012)
0002 Dredge Outer Harbor & Dispose of 940,000 CY 6.70 6,298,000.00 Material in Ocean Disposal Area
0003 Dredge Outer Harbor & Dispose of 1,692,000 CY 5.20 8,798,400.00 Material in Sonoma Baylands Disposal Area
0004 Dredge Inner Harbor & Dispose of 308,000 CY 4.70 1,447,600.00 Material in Sonoma Baylards DisposaL Area
0005 Dredge Outer Harbor & Dispose of 80,000 CY 10.20 816,000.00 Haterial in Galbraith Disposal Area
0006 Dredge Inner Harbor & Dispose of 877,000 CY 7.20 6,139,000.00 Material in Galbraith Disposal Area
0007 Dredge Berths 32 and 33 & Dispose of 15,000 CY 7.70 115,500.00 Material in Ocean Disposal Area
DACW07-94-B-0016 Amend. 001
0009 Dredge Berth 38 & Dispose of Material 8,000 CY 5.10 40,800.00 in Galbraith Disposal Area
0010 Dredge Berths 60 thru 63 & Dispose of 18,000 CY 9.80 176,400.00 Material in Ocean Disposal Area
0011 Dredge Berths 60 thru 63 & Dispose of 29,000 CY 5.20 150,800.00 Material in Calbraith Disposal Area
TOTAL ESTIHATED AHOUNT - BASIC SCHEDUtE (ITEMS 0001-0011) 35,801,455.00
OPTION 1 SCHEDULE (ITEMS 0012&0013) 0012 Dredge Inner Harbor & Dispose of 1,507,000 CY 3.90 5,877,300.00 Material in Ocean Disposal Area
0013 Relocation of Sewer Line 1 JB L.S. 750,000.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED AHOUNT - OPTION 1 SCHEDULE (ITEHS 0012&0013) 6,627,300.00
TOTAL EST. AMT. - BASIC&OPTION 1 SCHEDULES (ITEHS 0001-0013) 42,428,755.00
OPTION 2 SCHEDULE (ITEMS 0014&0015) 0014 Liability Insurance for Port of Oakland 1 JB L.S. 25,000.00
0015 Liability Insurance for State Coastal 1 JB L.S. 1,000.00 Conservancy
DACW07-94-B-0016 Amend. 0001
1. A bid must be submitted for the Basic and both Option Schedules and each item listed therein. Failure to do so may cause the bid to be considered nonresponsive.
2. If a modification to a bid based on unit prices is submitted, which provides for-a lump sum adjustment to the total estimated cost, the application of the lump sum adjustment to each unit price in the Bid Schedule must be stated. If it is not stated, the bidder agrees that the lump sum adjustment shall be applied on a pro rata basis to every unit price in the Bid schedule.
3. All quantities are estimated, except where the unit is given as "job".
4. Job prices, where shown, shall cover all work complete and finished in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
5. Attention is directed to the Provision entitled "ARITHMETIC DlSCREPANCIES" (EFARS 14.201/90) in the "INSTRUCTIONS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES TO BIDDERS" wherein the Government's procedure for resolving arithmetic discrepancies is described.
6. Attention is directed to the Provisions entitled "CONTRACT AWARD - SEALED BIDDING - CONSTRUCTION (FEB 1986)" (FAR 52.214-19) and "EVALUATION OF OPTIONS (JUL 1990)" (FAR 52.217-5) in the "INSTRUCTIONS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES TO BIDDERS". The Government will evaluate bids and award a contract on the basis of the low total estimated amount of the Basic Schedule and Option 1 Schedule combined. Option 2 Schedule will not be included in the evaluation for award purposes and will not be included in low total estimated amount. Attention is directed to FAR 17.206(b)1, because there is a possibility that Bids for Options in Option 1 Schedule will not be evaluated for award.
7. The Government may exercise any or all of theitems in the Option Schedules by written notice to the Contractor not later than 01 Jun 95.
8. The total duration of this contract, including the exercise of any or all of the items in the Option Schedules shall not exceed 840 Calendar Days after the Contractor receives the Notice To Proceed for work awarded in the Basic Schedule.
END OF SECTION 00010 DACW07-94-B-0016 00010-5